Generating Visibility and Attendance for the Consumer Genetics Conference
The Consumer Genetics Conference was established in 2009 to provide a forum for discussion, dialogue and interchange on personal genomics, direct-to-consumer (DTC) genetics, and personalized medicine. FKH has managed the Press Room and Media Relations for this annual conference since its inception and is tasked with supporting the conference organizers in promotion of the event as well as outreach to media. In this role, FKH is tasked with:
- Building the profile of the Consumer Genetics Conference as a first-of-its-kind meeting dedicated to the personal genomics and DTC genetics field, and one that attracts thought leaders as speakers.
FKH developed a comprehensive media plan to spotlight the conference. Our activities:
- Collaborated with organizers to brand and position the conference with its unique value proposition.
- Identified a core group of media engaged in personal genomics and offered opportunities to interview leading figures in DTC genetics and personal genomics to gain a better understanding of this evolving field and the varying perspectives, advancements, and policies governing it.
- Coordinated press relations with speakers and sponsor companies to ensure robust visibility of key individuals leading up to, during, and after the conference.
- Provided hands-on service to media on-site to meet interview requests, story filings and background information needs.
- Extended the conference conversation through use of a dedicated Twitter hashtag.
- Large audience each year, from 2009-2012.
- Press coverage from Newsweek, 60 Minutes, NOVA, CBS-TV, L’Actualitie, Boston Globe Technology Review, Bio-IT World, GenomeWeb, as well as industry trades and local media.
- Reputation as a venue for announcing hard news.
- Active participant engagement, reflected in 100’s of daily tweets.